Saturday, January 16, 2010


We heard from the doctor from Emory yesterday. Unfortunately Myles does not qualify for the Gene Therapy that we had been hoping for. They said that the reason the testing is taking so long is because the mutation he has is more rare than we had imagined. Apparently they don't know much about this one and we will have to wait until they are able to complete a full breakdown of his genetic profile to find out what the other effects of the mutations will be. So it is news and no news at the same time. More waiting, more wondering, more confusion and the only new information really is that he does not qualify for the surgery that might have helped him to see. And so we keep waiting...
...and praying, and doing what we can through diet and therapy.